Antique apothecary wood box signed George P. Pilling & Son Co. Philadelphia, a medical instruments and hospital supplies company founded in 1814. Box measures 13 X 8 X 9 inches, has 3 doors, 1 drawer, 3 flask holders and ornate brass hinges. Includes 20 antique glass flasks, 8 stoppers, beakers, a funnel, test tubes and more. Several glass accessories are signed Pyrex, Glasco, Kimax and Emborw's. There is a beautiful footed, etched and graduated beaker signed Glasco as well as 2 fancy test tubes signed Emborw's. Also 2 surgical clamp scissors signed Almedic and J.F. Hartz, Germany. From the estate of a private collector in Montreal (Quebec, Canada). Pillling's medical instruments catalog can be viewed in the University of Michigan's online archives.